Quality of Earnings Review
Specially trained and experienced members of the Pursant financial consulting team perform a review, analysis and re-presentation of your company’s historical financial/accounting information. The overarching objective is to provide vetted, defensible financial information in a “buyer ready” format to facilitate (i) the development of the sale transaction marketing materials and subsequently (ii) efficient Buyer’s financial/accounting due diligence.
A Quality of Earnings (QOE) report is designed to analyze the individual components of a company’s earnings (revenue and expenses). This analysis is designed to:
- Confirm the accuracy of reported earnings
- Determine whether earnings are sustainable
- Identify potential financial risks that could affect the company
- Estimate how much cash flow a company is likely to generate for investors
Examples of issues that a QOE report might uncover include:
- Deficient accounting policies and procedures,
- Excessive concentration of revenue with one customer,
- Transactions with undisclosed related parties,
- Inaccurate period-end adjustments,
- Unusual revenue or expense items,
- Insufficient loss reserves, and
- Overly optimistic projected financial statements.
Pursant typically performs QOE reviews pre Letter of Intent, post Letter of Intent or in advance of a contemplated sale transaction. Through our network of subject matter experts, we can also perform tax and information technology diligence.
We tailor our approach and procedures to meet your needs.